Wednesday, August 10, 2011

She's Gaining Weight

Charly is excited to announce that she has gone from 1lb 4 oz to 1lb 14 1/2 oz!
See the pic below to view the changes!

Yes, that is over a 10oz weight gain in 3 weeks and we are celebrating!! Charly has been such a champ taking her feedings and so far her belly and stomach are tolerating foods well. I changed her diaper yesterday and she is opening her eyes more. She is so precious.

She has had a rough few days, but seems to be doing better. Her old vent tube culture showed that she has bacillus cereus, which is a bacterial infection in her lungs. The antibiotics and lung treatments seem to be breaking up some of the infection, so I am hopeful that she is feeling a little better. I hope she can get over the infection soon. In the last three weeks this little fighter has fought Group B Strep, Sepsis, Bacillus Cereus, ventilator issues (being re-intubated three times), and her brain bleed. She is a little fighter, and she needs a little break. I am praying and crossing my fingers that she can get over this infection, and that her brain swelling will stop.

I can't see Charly today. I am devastated. I went to the Dr. and I was put on antibiotics for the same bacteria Charly has. I have to wait 24 hours before I can see her again - to protect both of our immune systems. Her nurse today said she is resting well, taking her feedings well, and her oxygen is better at around 40%. I pray for my little sweetie, and will be thinking of her ALL DAY! Although Charly is doing better, she is by far not out of the woods. The NICU refer to the ride that micro-preemie's go through as a "roller coater." Some days are up and some days are very down. Charly needs quite a few "up" days.

7.17.11 - 1lb, 4oz.

8.9.11 - 1lb, 14 1/2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment