Monday, August 15, 2011

The Right Recipe


I sat through an entire episode of Paula Deans' Dishes, and thought it was funny how even white bean and sausage soup could remind me of Charly. When the episode was over, I realized I had not given an update to friends and family as to Charly's status. I did however, learn how to make soup - which may or may not come in handy eventually. I also thought about how Charly is keeping us all guessing on what kind of "recipe" she is stirring up!

Today we had a new Dr. This is becoming more of a usual event for us every two weeks, as the Dr's rotate from PMC, IMC, U of U and doing research. I now understand that Charly was not sent to Primary's last week "urgently" as originally thought because she is still fighting her lung infection. It was reassuring to learn that the neurosurgeons will not operate until Charly's infection has cleared up. It will also be better when her lungs are a little stronger, and she has gained more weight. Her head is still swelling, but it's not at a "critical" point to where the surgeons will place the reservoir yet. I suppose that is good news, and bad news. Good news because it might give her time to recover from her pneumonia, and bad because we really don't want her brain to swell anymore. So, we are all trying to find our balance, and keep our recipe together - just like Paula Dean.

For now we will be at IMC until further notice. Looks like a transfer might happen this week, but it's also possible that it won't. Charly is keeping all of us on our toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment