We have known for a few weeks now that Charly had a grade IV intraventricular hemorrhage. It's the worse grade of brain bleed that could have occurred. We found out today via an emergency head ultrasound that her brain is swelling, and she will need surgery to place a device in her head to relieve the swelling (a reservoir) . This means that Charly will need to be transferred to Primary Childrens Medical Center for surgery. It's devastating news, but I have faith that everything is happening for a purpose. Little Charly will be able to have a her procedure, and be at a hospital that is known for the care of babies. We are thankful that she is still here with us, and that there are life saving measures that can help her - and until I hear "there is nothing else that can be done"...we are in this for the long haul. Charly is my little "miracle baby". We were told that there is a waiting list for beds at Primary's so we aren't exactly sure when she will be transferred, or even how she will be transferred - by life flight, or by pediatric ambulance. I feel at peace with whatever happens.
Charly has brought about so many great things. There are thousands of views on this blog, there are hundreds praying for her and rooting her on. I know that my life is much more blessed and wonderful because of her. We are all rooting for you Charly-Bell!
I have been following your blog each day, so much that my husband frequently asks me "How's the baby doing??". We are rooting for her so strongly and I am continuing to pray for your family. God Bless You!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure changing to a new hospital and staff isn't what you were hoping for, but I hope you'll feel at peace. PCMC is a great hospital, and Charly will have access there to great pediatric neuro docs who can help her. Be sure to check in with the Parent Center--it's a great resource for families at the hospital. Briah was only two weeks old and under 2 lbs. when she had her reservoir placed too, and I was amazed at how much it helped her to be more comfortable and stable. We'll be thinking of all of you--especially Charly.
ReplyDeleteAngie I admire your amazing attitude. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family always. Keep up the amazing attitude. I love you and know all will be well. Thanks for sharing your story.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Angie!
ReplyDeleteCharly,
It's Aunt Sara! Everyone at my work loved seeing your tiny diaper and footprints!
I know you're going through a lot right now and I'm sure you're being taken care of by many many angels but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you often. You are precious to me and I can't wait till I get to snuggle you! I'm pretty much the best aunt ever and hopefully you'll be able to come have sleep-over's w/Jaxon some day. You are a littlest-BIG trooper and we're so proud of all that you have already accomplished! Lots of hugs,kisses, prayers and miracles being sent from your favorite auntie! Love you little munchkin!
-Aunt Sara
Charly, our prayers are with you and your family. Say hi to Heavenly Father and Jesus for us. I know they are close by you now. May the Lord bless you with whatever he has in store for you. Love ya and your family.
ReplyDelete