John's Post -
I had a great experience this last week. I got to take our Korean exchange students along with 3 other Korean students to Moab. Jaxon came along to keep me company. We rented a mini van that fit 7 people. Jaxon started out in the back with the students but after the first stop he wanted to come up front with me and be my wing man. The girls did not speak English with one another so Jaxon was lost and board quick. I can say I was glad to have him with me. We sang to the xm radio and Jaxon is such a good traveler. Jaxon and I were in Moab this last June. Jaxon was excited to show the students and tell them about Moab. We left around 2:30 and arrived at 6:30pm. We went straight to Arches National Park. We saw balanced rock and the windows arch along with the Turret arch. The students were amazed and they all wanted their pictures taken with Jaxon. Jaxon ate up the attention and was having a blast. It got dark so we started on our way out of the Arches. As we were driving a song came on and Jaxon sang the chorus. As he was singing he just grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I could not help but feel so much joy as my son and I had a great time. I realized how lucky I am to have such a great relationship with my son. We have done a lot together and I can truly say he is my friend as well as he is my son. My thoughts instantly turned to Charly and I could not stop the tears that came. I want to be able to experience these same things with her. My heart just about jumped out of my chest as I pictured myself with her doing the same things that I have done with Jaxon. Of coarse it will probably be a tea party instead of a Nerf dart gun war, but all the same as long as it is with her. I know she is in the Lord's hands but I can't help but still hope and want her to be with me and watch her grow up and experience the joys this life has to offer. I can say my children have brought me so much joy in my life. Even though Charly has been limited in what she can do, I still have felt so much joy. Today I thought about Joseph Smith and how many children he and his wife lost. I also thought about how many of those children would have survived if they were born in this century. I am so grateful for modern medicine and those who have dedicated so much time to advance the work. It is a humbling experience to not be able to help your child and have a nurse that has dedicated their time to learn what is necessary to give the care they do. I hope so much that one day I will be able to be riding in the car with Charly and have her grab my hand and sing while we are driving out of Arches National Park. Oh how great would be my Joy on that day with my sweet Charly Bell.
Glad you have a good weekend trip with Jaxon - He's a great boy (even if he's all boy). Give him a hug. Take care White Men
ReplyDelete