We are celebrating! I feel like throwing a birthday party! Seriously! Charly is now one month old! In so many ways it has gone by so fast, and in others...it seems like it has been an entire year. She is such a sweetie! This is a HUGE cause for celebration - as she really is still not even supposed to be born for another 12 weeks!!
Charly is still having some issues with her lungs. She had to be re-intubated today (which she handled quite well), and her lungs were suctioned. They are trying to get her lungs clear, and I am praying that she will get stronger. Her lungs seem to collapse when she is laying from one side to the next. So she gets repositioned from side to side - and each side she lays on collapses again. She is starting to make faces (like sad, crying faces - with real tears) when she is upset or getting tests taken, or IV's placed. She can't cry because of the vent tube, but I can imagine she would if it weren't there. She has been a strong, brave little lady!
Her hydrocephalus is still there, but her head isn't growing at an alarming rate, so the neurosurgeons are just watching her, and for now she will be at IMC. Thursday's head ultrasound may give more direction, but I know it's a miracle that she didn't get rushed there last week. I am so thankful for all of the prayers that have been said for little Charly's lungs and Head. We can feel them! Please keep them coming! Love and hugs to all!
Charly Bella - One Month Old! 2lbs, 2oz!
Look at her hair! It looks strawberry-blonde. What a cutie she is!!! We are keeping her and your family in our prayers multiple times daily :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month little Charly! Oh my goodness, what a happy occasion! I would want to throw a party too :) We are continuing our prayers for your beautiful family!!
ReplyDeleteThese pic's are SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Her color is looking so good and she looks so sweet!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHARLY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Love you!
Auntie Sara
Yeah! She is looking good in the photos. All of you are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month sweet Charly!
ReplyDelete