She was such a good sport about everything, but she still isn't herself. That darn pacifier might become a permanent fixture for Charly because it's the only thing besides holding her that settles her down.

For most of the week Charly has been very colicky. It has presented itself with an interesting quandary for me! Is she still in pain from the surgery? Did something go wrong with her bowels? Why is she screaming out in pain? I have asked these questions all week and it seems for the most part...that I'm the only one that's been really worried for her. Her favorite Dr is still on service, and he's not to concerned about the change. So, I'm trying to settle my nerves and get used to the new "fussy" Charly.

Yesterday, she was so cute...she laid in her crib and looked around for a LONG time. She didn't scream out, and seemed pretty content. I think the stress is getting to me, and I might need to take a day off from the NICU.
Because of some of the complications, we might not be home for Christmas...but we are hopeful. I can't wait to bring her home!
Poor thing! I would be fussy too after surgery and all those darn complications. But she's a trooper and she'll bounce back before you know it. We continue to pray for her every night. It was good to see you yesterday and talk to you. Take care!
ReplyDelete