Friday, December 9, 2011

Events leading up to discharge...


I'm sure many of you are scratching your heads wondering how I had one post that seemed Charly would never leave the NICU, and the next saying "she's coming home". LOL, welcome to NICU life! Last Sunday we were told most likely another 2-3 weeks due to the complications from her G-tube surgery (the leak, and the slow pacing of her feedings, etc.). When we arrived at the hospital on Wednesday night...the NNP told us that Surgery signed off on her while she's in the hospital, and that we could just take her home on continuous feedings. It was a big SHOCK. I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing, and I didn't know if I should be nervous, excited or scared - I felt all three!

So, we are rolling forward "Operation bring Charly home". We aren't prepared at all. Even having a baby for 5 months...hasn't fully prepared me for the time to get things ready at home...because it just sometimes felt it was FOREVER away.

So, for now...our little miracle Charly will be coming home for the first time on Sunday. Words can't even begin to express the gratitude I feel. I owe her life to "miracle" medical providers, to miracle friends and family for helping me get through this, and to a loving heavenly father who is giving me a chance to fulfill my miracle of being a mother.

We are SO EXCITED!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you, too! Hope the first day home went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That describes life in the NICU perfectly! Things can change in an instant! I'm so glad things changed for the better and you were able to take her home! So so happy for your little family! You've been amazingly patient, calm and faithful and because of it you have been blessed! Enjoy your time with your little miracle....she truly is one! :)

    ReplyDelete