Friday, December 16, 2011

Lock Down


Since Charly got home...we have had some very interesting learning experiences. We were warned that the first 6 months or so at home...should be spent at home. No shopping trips, no parades, etc, etc. We thought we were pretty prepared..but, here are a few things I have learned the past few days:

1- Charly is completely aware that she is in different surroundings. Her sleeping pattern is not yet known, and I am getting about 30 minutes of sleep every two hours. *Sigh* I forgot how hard it is to get anything done with a newborn...I'm glad it's winter because my legs might not get shaved until May.

2- Charly requires a lot of monitoring support. She has her continuous G-tube feeding pump (which we have had several issues with over the past several days), a heart monitor, and is on 1/16 liters of oxygen. It's not easy to move her and all of her equipment from room to room...it's a big pain.

3- We took Charly to her first pediatrician appointment. So far, we like the Dr.'s office, and have called him several times already this week. It's funny, and not funny at the same time.

4- In order to take Charly out of the house requires two adults. Someone to carry the carseat and the other to carry the oxygen, the feeding pump, and the heart monitor...let alone the diaper bag, the list of medical information, etc, etc...

5- Jaxon Loves his sister, but occasionally is struggling with not getting my attention the second that he wants it. So far, no sibling rivalry's...
6- John has had to pick up extra hours at work due to seasonal requirements - which means, he is not sleeping due to work and hearing Charly developing her screams during the day. I am also not sleeping due to the sleep pattern, and the little ladies adjustment to our home...lol.

7- We are superbly happy and thrilled that Charly is home. As hard as we are finding out this is...it is a blessing, and we are lucky for every "waking" (literally) minute we have with her.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about all the "red-eye" pictures...lol...I guess "red-eye" has a whole new meaning to me this week. :)

    ReplyDelete