
I feel like I have fallen into a rabbit hole just as Alice did in Wonderland - crashing into Dorothy on my path to find the Emerald city. I, just as Alice...have found that nothing I am eating, or drinking...is taking me back home, and although we have found the Emerald City (Primary's)...we are still wanting to see the Wizard behind the curtain...and for him to tell us how to get Charly home!
There are no Cheshire cats, no flying monkeys', and no giant mushrooms that can lead me down the path home...but I know we are getting there.
This week Charly has had several improvements. She had a leak in her g-tube which has gotten better. She isn't as fussy, but needs to be held a lot more. Her short "ouchy" screams have been occurring less, and all of her swelling has gone down. She is looking more like the "Old Charly Bell".
For now, the plan is to wait two weeks for her stomach to get used to her full feedings. After that...then they will start to condense her feedings into her g-tube so that she only eats for an hour each feeding. This way - she won't have to be hooked up to feeding tubes 24/7 like she is now. HOME...It's only a few weeks away...and I'm excited, nervous, scared and overwhelmed at the same time. Come on Charly...click those heels and say "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"!
What a great analogy! Stay strong, you're in the home stretch! You are an amazing amazing person....so is your Charly Bell!
ReplyDelete