Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whatcha Talking About Willis?

Charly has overcome so many things in her tiny little life. In her little Dr. Suess world...she is still learning and growing. She is now at one of the most frustrating stages of NICU life. To be honest, it's not frustrating to me. I have been through so much with her...that I can be as patient as she needs me to be (I think). Learning how to eat is hard work for little Charly. She gets tired very easy. She is very sleepy most of the time, and when she is touched, or bothered...her little cry (that gets louder each day...lol) let's you know. Her feedings haven't improved much over the last few weeks, but they have improved some. When she is awake and alert, she will eat about 15-20ml...when she's tired...she eats maybe 3ml and then has two or three pretty significant braycardic de-sats (meaning she stops breathing and her heart rate quickly drops). I am hoping and praying that she will get into the eating rhythm and learn to eat. I know she will be better off in every way if she can eat and not rely on feeding tubes.

Sometimes I swear she is "faking asleep"
In this picture...the bottle is on it's way towards her face...and her expression with the big lower lip (like Arnold on "Different Strokes") is saying to me "What you talking about Willis?"

Keep working Charly! YOU CAN DO IT! Please keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. She looks like Jaxon in the "what you talking about Willis Picture" So cute. You can see her little personality. Love her so much. Prayers continuing to come.

    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete