Sunday, October 2, 2011

No Laughing Matter


Aside from a few jokes about making Charly "Megamind" for Halloween...we really are concerned about her little head.

Charlys' grade IV brain bleeds have been making me walk on egg shells lately (to say the least). She had a head ultrasound last Monday that came back with increased ventricle size...that was concerning not only to her Dr's and Nurses, but the Neurosurgeon. After meeting with Neurosurgery we learned that they tentatively scheduled to put a reservoir (a device to help drain spinal fluid from the brain) in her head last Thursday. Luckily, they didn't feel that her condition warranted the procedure yet. You see, we have been hoping all along that Charly would be able to resolve her brain bleed without intervention. From what we understand...she will be better off developmentally, and physically if she does not need intervention. She had another head ultrasound on Thursday...it was pretty much the same.

I have hope in my heart that her little head will begin to resolve on it's own, and continually improve. Not only are her last two ultrasounds not the greatest news...but it also means that we are at Primary's until she discharges from the hospital...no IMC. This means more time to try and find, more money needed, and less time I get to visit her. It's interesting that just when I start to drift into despair...I remember that I'm so glad to have her, and remember that she is my little brightness of hope! I am also kept going by a wonderful husband (who tries really hard to understand me), and a little man rock star named Jaxon.

We are so thankful for all that we have and know that we have been so blessed. I hope to post updated news about her latest ultrasound on Monday.

We ask for special continued prayers for her little head.

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you guys and sweet little Charly-

    -random stranger but sister in Christ- Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry there wasn't any change seen in the ultrasound. I am continually praying for Charly and hope that everything, concerning her brain, will improve. I happened by chance to be a fan of 'For All Time Clocks' on facebook and saw their post introducing your blog over two months ago and I have not stopped praying for or caring about your family. I like what Kelly Moore above says - 'random stranger but sister in Christ'. We are all Heavenly sisters and brothers and I hope for you no less than I would for my earthly siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your news. I, too, am a random stranger, but I'm so touched by your sweet story and your sweet family. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, Blank Family, and Kristy...really? You are WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL! Seriously, I can't even tell you how many "strangers" have completely inspired me. I am breath-taken by all of your wonderful thoughts, prayers, and comments. Sometimes, when all else seems hopeless...it's a "stranger" like you that brings it all home for me! Thank you, thank you!!! Hugs to all of you!!! And thanks for following the blog. It's been a great release for me, but even more so...a way to tell Charly's story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, almost 11,000 views on your blog! Just like the invisible army that came to the rescue of the Israelites in the Old Testament, there is an army praying for you and Charly! Love you so much! Thinking of you tons and continuing to pray for you guys daily.

    ReplyDelete