Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Donate to the NICU in honor of Charly Bella


Since Charly was born I have been asked two questions by almost everyone... #1 - What can we do for you? And #2 - Is there anything that the hospital needs?

I have been given so much and am so grateful for the wonderful support that I have. Our personal needs change daily, and so I feel strongly that it's time to answer question #2 for all of you. Trust me...when Charly comes home - I will be calling in A LOT of favors!

I would like to start a "service-project" for donations to be made to the NICU's at IMC and Primary Children's Hospitals in honor of Charly Bella White. Many NICU's in the valley struggle to provide supplies and items to babies and parents.. The NICU has been our home for the last two and a half months, and I feel strongly that there are things that can be done to help not only Charly, but other babies and families in the NICU.

I would like to challenge all of you (church groups, young women's groups, relief society's, friends, neighbors, co-workers, senior centers, etc) to pick an item from the NICU "needs list" below, and organize donations. There is no pressure here. It's just something I have felt strongly about for a few weeks, and have had several of you ask what it is the hospital needs. Here is the list (this is not conclusive - so if you have another idea - feel free):

The NICU's could use the following:
*Isolette Blankets (Isolette covers - Dark fabric for the underside, thin batting in the middle and a colorful layer of fabric for the top. Sewing an X from corner to corner is fine. "Nothing fancy" as these do NOT go home. The isolette covers are 54" X 53". They can be of any type of material. The more durable the material the better." *Please tag them as isolette covers
*Quilted Blankets - These blankets can be used to cover the mattresses in the baby cribs. Any size will most likely work.
*Scrapbook paper/Supplies (12x12 scrapbook paper, 4 1/2 X 6 photo cards, and other scrapbook supplies). The hospital makes scrapbook pages for parents to take home. Words can't express how much this means when you leave the hospital day after day empty handed (without your baby).
*Preemie Clothes & Baby Clothes (Wal-Mart now carries preemie clothes). Clothes with onesies, or one piece clothing with snaps instead of zippers are preferred.
*Preemie Size Blessing Clothes (White) - For babies who pass away, or that need to be blessed/christened in the NICU. Doll patterns work great here.
*Snacks/Drinks for the Parent Lounge - Fruit snacks, crackers, cookies - anything that is individually wrapped.

If you can help, or are interested in passing this to others, please email me at johnandangie_white@yahoo.com

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this list. I've been thinking of what to do--I have a soft spot in my heart for Primary Children's in general since my son was there last year after being diagnosed with diabetes. There's so much that can be done to help make things easier for parents with sick little ones!

    ReplyDelete