I have been telling little Charly that if she's expected to open her sweet little eyes in the next few days...that I would LOVE for her to open her eyes on my birthday. Today, her two little eyes opened just slightly while I was changing her diaper. It was so precious. I'm glad John took a picture. This has to be my best birthday ever!
As far as Charly's health goes...she is still stable (thank goodness). She has an infection, and is still very ill, but she is surprising us each day. We got a call at 6am that told us she had to be moved back to her old ventilator, and since she switched back - she's doing much better.
I love this picture too! She is starting to look a little more irritated when she is touched or bothered. I think she is thinking, "just leave me alone". Too cute!
We have felt so many thoughts and prayers in Charly's behalf and we can't say thank you enough for the many blessings that we have been given. Tomorrow Charly has another brain ultrasound (to show brain damage/swelling), and is having a brain scan to show brain waves (that will show us for sure if she is having seizures). We hope and pray for the best outcomes with these tests, and know that our little Charly is in our Heavenly Fathers hands. We are so grateful for all that she has brought into our lives in these past two weeks.
She is so precious!! Happy Birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for a good outcome with the brain scan tomorrow! Thanks for keeping us posted with the blog!!!
ReplyDeleteI am glued to all your updates! I'll pray for good news tomorrow! And what a wonderful tender mercy she opened her eyes for you...on your birthday. So much love!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful. I love the picture with her sweet eyes trying to open. My prayers are with your family and Charly.
ReplyDelete