Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Light Therapy


Charly continued to fight during the first few days of her life. She was so delicate. She was covered in ceran wrap (to keep moisture in her skin), and placed under the biliruben lights to keep her jaundice under control. The looked so cute with her little eye mask on. The light was so bright I could really see through some of the parts of her skin. Her little hands still had all the tiny veins visible, her belly was very translucent, and her eyes were still sealed shut. We were told that she would be on and off the light therapy for some time - and to expect it as it's needed. In some ways I thought she looked really beat up, and other times I would look at her and think how amazing she looks and is doing considering what she had been through. My delivery experience was scary, and painful - but I'm sure it didn't compare to what my little Charly went through.

We had several visitors the first couple of days. I felt so wonderful surrounded by so many good family, friends, and neighbors. I truly feel that I didn't (and still don't) deserve all of the wonderful people that surround me. I have never experienced such an outpouring of love in my life.

We were trying to prevent any germs from getting inside the NICU where Charly was being cared for, and I also felt very impressed that my visitors should get to see our little miracle. She was so small and precious and I have never seen anything like her in my life. I wanted to share her, and her story with eveyone who came by. I was stuck in my room most of the time - unable to get around very easy and so my wonderful husband became the NICU tour guide to all of our visitors.

Thank you so much to everyone who came! Thank you so much for the wonderful care everyone has given my family - for the meals, the face book messages, the phone calls, texts, etc. It is truly amazing!

At NICU rounds...we were asked again..."do you want to continue support for Charly, or do you want to withdraw". It had only been 2 days and I was already sick of being asked that question! We knew her medical condition was poor, but she was there. Her sweet little spirit testified to us on several occasions that she was there - and fighting. Her reflexes were working and she would squeeze our fingers. Our little Charly was fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment