Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Show us the Poop!


Charly looked really good today. She was really peaceful and her little leg kept bouncing around outside of her little snugly. Her skin is much more pink and it's starting to dry up in a few spaces. She increased her feeding to 3mil every 6 hours...and so far no problems. Sounds funny, but I can't wait for her first little poopy diaper! I told the nurse to call us so John could rush to the hospital and change it! I never thought I would look forward to seeing poop in a diaper so badly. Hopefully her little system is working fine - and we are praying she doesn't have any digestive issues.

Her little head was covered in much more hair, and she is getting little blonde hairs all over her body. She hasn't opened her eyes yet, but I look forward to that happening in the next little while. It's exciting and nerve wracking watching her grow and change each day.

We didn't get to the hospital for rounds today, but we know she's going to have another Lumbar Puncture sometime this week. I continue to pray that her brain bleed won't be so horrible that quality of life for her is in question. I know that all of the thoughts and prayers on her behalf are working. There is such a peace about her, and I know there are a lot of people out there that love her so much already.

We are also praying that she does not develop any swelling on her brain because of the brain bleed. She has so many potential complications, but yet so far has remained relatively stable (nobody wants to use the term..."doing good" because the Docs and Nurses feel like it will jinks her).

Please continue to pray for our little Charly. She is an amazing little lady, and we are so grateful she is here. I am doing pretty good today, and John is amazing (as usual). We love all of you and hope you get to meet our little Charly soon.

I didn't have the heart to take a picture using the flash today. She was off her light therapy and her little pod was toasty and dark. I wish I were small enough to crawl in and lay next to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment