Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Infection and a Lumbar Puncture

We found out that Charly has another infection. She has fought sepsis, GBS (Group B Strep - which is another long story - that I will address later), pneumonia, and a brain bleed. The brain bleed has by far been the worst news. She continues to fight and do well with the antibiotics, and we continue to pray for her. I don't think she is suffering. She looks so peaceful, and when I look at her I get the feeling like she is doing okay. I mean after all...she was born 3 months early. She should still be kicking back and chilling inside my uterus.

I miss being pregnant with her already. I was just barely getting to the uncomfortable stage and hadn't been annoyed by her little movements, or kicks. I loved to feel her rolling around in my stomach, and feeling her little body inside mine. I hope she is able to beat this new infection and keep thriving.

She is having a Lumbar pucture tonight to get spinal fluid. We are hoping her fluid will give us an idea of what she is infected with, and hope it's not meningitis. That would be the worst case scenario and could lead to even more brain swelling/damage. I hope and pray it's nothing serious. My poor little baby. I wish I could just pick her up and hold her!

On a happy note...She started her breast milk tube feeds today. She's only on 1mil every six hours, but it's a start. I hope she can get some of the antibodies, and not have any issues with her digestive track. There are just so many things to worry about with this sweet little one!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here in tears reading this and in complete and total awe of what little Charly has been through the past 9 days! What a special little girl!!! Angie and John, I am so pleased with the progress you have made and the strength you are to each other!!! My prayers accompany all the many others for you, Charly and Jaxon. I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh Angie!! My heart is just breaking for you right now! The way you are writing, I can tell the Heavens are open and surrounding you right now! I know how that feels, and its incredible! Cherish these moments even though they are incredibly tough. I can't fathom the decisions you are facing, but I will pray that you will know what you need to do and that you will have peace! I love you Angie!! Please know I am thinking of you! Our Heavenly Parents love you so much and they have a plan for you and Charly Bella!! She's beautiful!! She is definitely a fighter!! kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang,
    I am in tears as I leave this comment. You and John are the PERFECT parents to Charly. I learned early on in my journey with Makayla not to dwell on those things that I can't control, but to spend my time and energy utilizing the things I can control such as my attitude and the way I care for her. You have been through a lot of trials in your life, and I think its probably helped prepare you for this new journey with Charly. You are surrounded by angels on both sides of the veil. Charly truly is a little angel. Love you guys! I am here for you to cry on and talk to if you ever need me.

    Angie Carley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie and John and of course Jaxon, you all are amazing and strong. You have amazing family and friend here for your support. Charly is for sure a Angel and a cute one. Thanks for keeping us posted on a daily basis, this for sure helps us as well thanks for sharing. Charly is for sure is a fighter i noticed that from the minute i met her and she looks very comfortable and peacefull. It's amazing the great things they can do now day's. My family will continue to pray for your family and beautiful Charly Bella. We love you all! Becky Brower

    ReplyDelete