I was discharged from the hospital on Thursday. I remember after my c-section I was told I would most likely be in the hospital from the 17th to the 21st. That was 4 days! That sounded like forever, and I was sure that I would want to go home early. Yeah, right. I thought that until Tuesday morning when the pain was so intense I could have died. I tried staying on top of my pain medication, but if I was off receiving my meds even by 15 minutes...I was in the worst pain of my life.
Thursday came quickly and I think it came a little too quick. As soon as I was discharged I went down to the NICU where Dr's went over the brain bleed information again. I felt so devastated...and my pain medication had worn off. I began to panic, and have pain in my chest. So, to make a long story short - I would up in the ER. I guess having chest pains 4 days post-op is not a good thing and there I went back in the ER for more tests, etc. I knew nothing was wrong with me...I kept explaining to them that I has having anxiety. I mean, who wouldn't after hearing there is a slim chance your baby is going to survive. Thursday was just an awful day!
I feel so lucky that John was home to help me. I could not have gotten around or done anything without his help. He was very calm and helped me get through the pain. I was in A LOT of pain. I think some of it might have been physical and emotional put together and mixed all up. I also had a lot more pain than a typical C-Section because Charly moved in my uterus as they were cutting to get her out - so the way they explained it to me was that I have one external incision (yikes, painful), and two internal incisions on my uterus. My uterus was not all the way thinned out so it was like cutting through thick muscle to get little Charly out in time.
I have no pictures to post for this one...I felt awful enough without taking a picture to remember the pain!
I was a little surprised that I didn't feel sad leaving the hospital without my little Charly-Bell. I was warened that a lot of moms get really sad when they leave the hospital without their babies. I didn't really feel that way. I was just so grateful to be alive, grateful that Charly was alive, and grateful to spend as much time with her as I did. I knew she was special - more than I could ever explain. I hope to bring her home someday but I wasn't going to let that get me down. At least not right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment