Sunday, November 20, 2011

Unselfish Service

Along with the many medical miracles Charly has given me...I have experienced so many miracles of unselfish service. I have wanted to post something to dedicate to all of you who have stood by me, helped me cope, and given me so much through this journey. The only problem is...my heart is so full...it's hard to find words that can express the thankfulness in my heart. I have met so many wonderful people on this journey, and feel so blessed that you are here for me - with me on this journey.

I don't want to leave anyone out, but I feel impressed to say a special thank you to a few people who have truly touched my life by their giving. I have a hard time saying these things in person (just ask my husband)...but I think them more times in a day than you may think possible.

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, I am so thankful for those of you...who have given your unselfish service to me. This week, I my thankful heart is thanking Jennifer W for helping is with Jaxon (the phone, the garage, and so much more), Tracy J for helping us with our heater (our home would not be sufficient for Charly without your help), for Monica V for your thoughtful gift in behalf of the preemies you lost (so lovingly sweet), for Susie R - for your kindness and support, for the Walnut Hills 2nd ward ladies (who helped me dust my house from top to bottom...in getting ready to bring Charly home), to my mom - for helping me through my breakdown, and making it possible for me to see Charly everyday this week. I wish I could tell each of your stories more in depth...so I can share them with the world...but I hope my simple THANK YOU, and my promise to pay it forward will due for tonight.

One of my favorite songs by Hilary Weeks is "He Hears Me". One of the lines in the song says, "he hears me when I'm crying in the night". I have a true testimony that he has heard my cries and my pain...and has lifted my burdens by sending me YOU. Thank you all (especially those that I didn't list...because there are truly SO MANY OF YOU).

I came across this video today, and it reminded me of all of the help that so many are and have been willing to give us. I hope you like it and know, that "He knows you and He sees your effort, diligence and sacrifice. I pray that He will grant you the blessing of seeing the fruit of your labors in the happiness of those you have helped for the Lord." ~Elder Henry B. Eyring.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome post Angie....but I think the thing you don't understand is that YOU and Charly are blessing our lives just by seeing and reading your strength and courage. There truly are angels among us, aren't there?!! Thank YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica. You are so sweet. I feel the same about you! I have a new sense of appreciation for human kindness, and how wonderful people are...what a wonderful thing to be thankful for. This year...instead of being able to have turkey dinner with family...we are focusing on being thankful for all that we have - in so many other ways. I feel at times like I am being molded into something much different than I started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words. I'm getting back so much more than I'm giving - I'm learning things that I wouldn't know any other way. Thanks to you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video put tears into my eyes. You are SO VERY welcome Angie! Like I have told you so many times... you were blessed with such a miracle. You have the miracle I so much wanted for my little preemies. But the Lord had a different plan for me. You are such a STRONG mother and you are right, the Lord knows your pains and needs. He hears your prayers and has begun to answer them. May the Lord carry little Charly and your family in his arms.

    ReplyDelete