Thursday, November 24, 2011

Breathe Baby...Breathe


Charly had a rough day. Her little lungs just haven't been doing the best since her surgery. She was extubated (meaning, they took the breathing tube out of her chest), but there is a high chance because of her current condition...that she will have to be re-intubated. It breaks my heart. Her breathing was so bad, that they took her off ALL of her pain medication so that they could wake her up more...and breathe more on her own.

She did start breathing more on her own, but she has had a lot of spells where she would just stop breathing. Her poor little preemie lungs! Come on Charly...you can do it!!!

Right now she is on 5 liters of high-flow oxygen. I can't get back to the hospital tonight to see her because Jaxon developed a stomachache. I cried A LOT tonight. I need to remind myself that I KNOW we are bringing her home...so this set-back will get better.

Charly needs a few cheerleaders tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished watching "17 Miracles" and the entire time I thought of Charly. I'm praying for the angels to hold her tonight. And praying her lungs will be strengthened. I know she's watched over. May you find peace tonight. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely cheering for her! Come on, Charly! I hope Jaxon feels better soon and that you can get to the hospital to see your sweet baby. Hugs and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete