Sunday, November 27, 2011

Complication


Charly experienced a complication related to her surgery. She was taken to surgery immediately as soon as the complication was discovered on Friday. Essentially, she had popped a few stitches in her belly button incision, and a section of her stomach (the omentum) started bulging out or her incision. She was in a lot of pain, and the issue was surgically corrected immediately. Although Charly started to do better on her oxygen from her surgery on Wednesday...she had to be re-intubated.

After surgery, she was extremely swollen...she was tired, and I was VERY happy that her primary nurse Amy was on shift for the night. I actually got a few hours of sleep.

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend, but Charly is doing much better. We are hoping and praying there are no further complications to worry about. Thank you all for your your cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear. I'm glad that they were able to figure out the problem and get it fixed quickly. Poor baby. And I'm so glad that your favorite nurse was on duty over the weekend--tiny miracles! Thoughts and prayer as usual. Come on Charly!

    ReplyDelete