1) I bought a long sleeve onsie ($2.98), and washed and dried it.
2) I cut a piece of cardboard long enough to fit inside the Onesie so the paint would not go through the back...and placed the cardboard inside the Onesie.
3) I printed the template (here) and cut out the "small" shamrock.
4) Then I placed the cut out stencil on the Onesie and taped it down. I used a crafter's sponge brush and green crafter's paint to paint the shamrock, and removed the stencil immediately. I let it dry overnight. I then placed a washcloth over the shamrock and ironed over it several times to set the paint (I haven't washed it yet since painting, so I'm not entirely sure it will stay put).
That's it! The skirt was from the "Just Us Girls" store in Gardner Village. It was only 8.00 and came with an additional hair band (not pictured). The skirt is a fairy skirt and I will be able to reuse this in the future (Halloween, Disneyland, Fairy Parties, etc). Charly's headband was a clip and white band from Wal-Mart (found in the baby section, approximately $2.50).
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment