
I haven't posted any updates this week because...I came down with a cold. At first I thought it was allergies, but limited my hospital time just in case...and then WHAM... I was sick. I didn't see Charly for a few days, and finally went in tonight (with a mask) to say hello and tell her that Mommy misses her!
Charly has been doing fairly well. She is now 3lbs 6oz. She wasn't gaining as much weight as she was supposed to...so they put her on a 30 calorie feeding diet (there is some mathematical equation here...but since the synapses in my brain are not connecting...I can't begin to think about it). For a preemie, it's basically like eating cheesecake at every meal. When I saw her today...I saw her little chubby hands! She's gotten so big (see her big cheeks, and notice how her face is filled out?).

I didn't have my bag with me so the only picture I could take was from my cell phone (not great), but I couldn't resist. She just looked so fat and happy...until I took the picture.
She has another head ultrasound tomorrow. Last weeks showed improvement, and a little flow of spinal fluid in her ventricles..which is a good thing. We are hoping that there is continued improvement. We are even thinking it might be possible for her to be transferred back to IMC in the next couple of weeks.
I know that much of this wonderful news with Charly is because of all of your continued thoughts and prayers in her behalf. She has been a cute little fighter!
Keep going, growing and fighting Charly!
soooo cute - sorry you've been sick - get better - prayers will continue to flow - lov ya guys
ReplyDelete