Monday, September 5, 2011

Moments that Matter Most


One of the most important lessons I have learned over the past 7 weeks, is to appreciate every moment of life that we are given. We all have challenges, joys, sorrows, and moments that connect our lives together. I have learned that every moment Charly has been here has been joyous, precious, and miraculous. She has changed our family for the better, and helped us to understand what moments in life really matter most.
"Moments are molecules that make up eternity" - Elder Neal A. Maxwell

It is not so much the major events...as the small day to day decisions, that map the course of our living" - President Gordon B. Hinckley.

"...There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate..."


"...We would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most..."

"As we evaluate our own lives with a willing mind, we will see where we have drifted from the more excellent way. The eyes of our understanding will be opened, and we will recognize what needs to be done to purify our heart and refocus our life." - Dieter F. Uchdorf

3 comments:

  1. Angie, you amaze me at the faith and hope that you have! Thanks for being such a great example!!! I love Jaxon's letters to Charly and the hospital. They are really sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where my husband found your blog, but he and I have been following it, and I cannot believe your faith. I became a new mother just a few days after you had Charly and I can not imagine seeing my little girl going through the things Charly deals with everyday. She had low O2 sats and had to be put on oxygen when she was a few days old and I was sick with worry. That is not even anything compared to what Charly goes through and what you must feel having to watch from the side lines and not being able to do anything to help her but pray. As a mother I can only imagine the pain it causes you. Thank you for your example and faith. Thank you for reminding me Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. We will pray for her and for you. We are with you in hoping that her little brain re-wires itself and she can have a long and meaningful life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,
    Those letters from Jaxon brought tears to my eyes. How sweet. I don't care how rough boys get playing football and all their other boy things, they love their baby sisters.
    Betsey

    ReplyDelete