Monday, August 13, 2012

Re-Cap of the Big #1

First of all...I need to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who helped with Charly's birthday Party.  "THANK YOU, THANK YOU...THANK YOU!"

Thank you to the anonymous donor of the funds to rent out the swimming pool.  We had an AMAZING time.  I am also very sorry that we ran out of birthday cake.  We had servings for over 250 people...lol!  I hope that everyone had a great time!  I had a BLAST visiting with some of the people that saved Charly's life in the hospital, family, friends, co-workers, and other NICU families. 

When John and I were planning the birthday party we really wanted to plan something that we could share with as many people as possible.  She spent so long in the hospital that many of our friends and family didn't ever get a chance to see her.  We also felt so strongly that we wanted to share her special day with so many who have been there for us along the way.  And more importantly than celebrating her birthday...we really wanted to do something that said "THANK YOU" to everyone.  The Pool Party...was a great success. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment