Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Father's Promise

This post comes from dad (John).  On the 24th of July 2011 I gave Charly a blessing and offered a prayer to know what we should do.  The doctors where saying it was a good idea to withdraw support and let nature take it's course, due to the brain bleeds that Charly had suffered.  It was a long couple of days and the time was spent talking and pondering what we should do.  At the end of the few days we were confident that this was not a decision that was ours to make.  We knew that if she was supposed to go, our Heavenly Father would take her and no medical procedure could stop that.  We also knew that he would not give us more than we could handle and that we needed to put that decision in his hands not ours.  When I gave her the blessing it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done.  We put it into God's hands but even more we let her choose as well.  I remember feeling my heart heavy as I said the words that it is OK to go back to our heavenly father and that we understood.  As soon as the words were said the overwhelming joy came over me as I looked at the other choice.  I promised her if she decided to stay we would give her the best life possible and we would love her no matter what.  

After looking back over her first year of life I would have to say that we have kept our end of the bargain thanks to the wonderful people that have helped us along the way.  Charly has been to Yellowstone 2 times already and has brought good luck both times.  On the second trip we were only in the park for less than 6 hours and we saw a big grizzly bear.  My dad was excited once he found out how close he was.  Those Yellowstone trips would not be possible without Grandma and Grandpa White.  Charly has been to Saint George, had a pool party, been to the 4th of July parade, had a cook out in Big Cottonwood canyon, and the list could go on and on.  We may not be rich or have money to spare but I have noticed that the time we spend is far better than anything else we could do.  Angie is so good at being creative and doing most of the work to get Charly ready.  Jaxon is so patient and sits so good in the back seat next to her.  To end this post I just wanted to say thank you to Charly for choosing to stay with this crazy family, and thanks to all that have helped and who were able to come to her Birthday party.  Thank you to Grandma Phillips for all of the sacrifice you make for our family.  Thank you, Thank you ALL!  This promise will always be kept.
Cooking some chicken and peppers.  Mmmm My favorite
 Did we tell you she loves pizza.
 Charly and her dad going for a dip in the pool.  Charly loves to kick her legs and make a splash.
 Charly and her NICU friend (Katea) along with her amazing Nurse Practitioner that is inspired in her job.                            
 Dang it you can't see our faces so good but it's the whole family waiting for the 4th of July parade to start.
 Charly and Jaxon getting ready for her party.
 Uncle Boyd,  Look at his face.  He loves Charly Bella so much.
Uncle Bart - We are so glad he was able to come to Charly's party. 
Charly has great uncles and aunts and cousins to dote on her and give her attention.

1 comment:

  1. I cried reading this post. You guys are so amazing! Charly is amazing, and you, Angie & Jaxon are amazing! I don't think you know how much your faith and love has insipred me. I just love you guys so much! :)

    ReplyDelete