Sunday, August 19, 2012

Charly's V.I.P Pizza Party

7.19.12
I know I've mentioned my sisters a few times on the blog.  I don't give them enough credit for all that they do for me.  I've thought about them so much since having Charly.
(Pictured: Mom, Me, Kim & Sara during my baby shower last August)

Sara and Kim were pregnant the same time I was.  We were all due within about 2 weeks of each other, and it was fun knowing that we were all expecting around the same time (my poor mom...).  I was supposed to have Charly last.  If I remember right...Sara was due first, then Kim, and then me.  How they came: I had Charly first, then Kim had Bentley, and Sara finally had Lincoln (I was there for this one).  Sara and Kim had babies one day apart...so they were in the same hospital at the same time!  How cool is that?

When Charly came...it through us all in a tailspin.  My sisters were right there.  They came up to the hospital that first night with my mom.  They brought a pumping/breastfeeding cover, and a car-seat cover.  It made me feel so good.  I felt blessed to have two sisters who knew that what I really wanted was to feel that Charly was my BABY no matter what happened.  

They sacrificed time with their own families to come and see us in the NICU.  They drove through the crazy Utah County traffic several times to bring me gifts, give me encouragement, and lift me up when I was feeling down.  They also brought my mom with them as she can no longer drive.  That meant the world to me, and I don't tell them enough how much I needed them, how much their visits meant to me, and how much I am so thankful to have them in my life!  

I'm not the best sister.  I'm pretty awkward.  My personality is pretty much a mix between Annie Get Your Gun, and Anne of Green Gables.  Sometimes you never know who you're gonna get (lol...yeah, sometimes it's fun and other times...not).  I have a ton of imperfections, but I sure know how to have fun with my sisters.  I hope that this experience with Charly has taught me to be a better Sister.  I sure love those ladies with all my heart, and am such a better person for having them in my life.

I have wanted to post something about them for a long time.  I have thought about how much they sacrificed and how they never once felt upset at me, or got mad about how much "attention" Charly and I were getting.  They never complained about their pregnancies to me.  They just made me laugh when I needed it, and were there for me to wrap my arms around them when I was feeling sad.

Because they have two babies of their own (Bentley is Kim's baby boy, and Lincoln is Sara's) it was difficult for them to come to Charly's birthday party.  So, they came up today with their kiddo's and we had a "VIP Pizza Party" for the cousins.  It was so cute.  I LOVED IT! 
Charly, Lincoln (middle), and Bentley all enjoying their pizza crust.  Lincoln and Bentley had NEVER had pizza crust before...it was so cute to watch them all DIG IN!
 Charly inherited my personality...I think, so sometimes she's a little crabby with her cousins.
 The Three Amigos!  These little buttercups...have the sweetest smiles 
(lol, now you'll be singing that song all day)!
 DON'T EVEN THINK about taking Bentley's Pizza away!
 Lincoln is so cute and chill.  He's so big that I forgot a couple of times that he's still only a baby.  This little guy is already in 18month clothes!  He's SUPER Handsome...

So, Thank you Sisters...And thank you Mom and Val for coming up to see us on Charly's special day.  
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment