Friday, June 15, 2012

The POWER in POSITIVE THINKING

Notice anything strange about this palm tree?

HELLO! It's upside down.  I can't tell you how many times this past year I've felt like this Palm Tree!

It's been a whirlwind of a year to say the least, but ya know what?  I am SO THANKFUL for this year.  As I look back on the events with Charly, being married to John, being Jaxon's Mom, and becomming a stay at home mom...I have had one AMAZING journey.

Have I had bad days? YES.  Have I been hurt by something that was said or not said...or done...or not done for that matter?  YES.  Is this harder than I could have EVER imagined?  YES!

*****BUT*****

I wouldn't change a thing! Bad days are followed by easier days.  People, family, and friends are well meaning...and sometimes need a little nudge in order to know what to help with - and have opened their hearts to offer so much help and support.  The hard days are followed by easier days because I learned something...and grew from it.

It's so easy to want to feel sad, or to feel sorry for yourself (yes, I'm talking to myself here).  But, since having Charly...I have learned to APPRECIATE positive thinking.

To the friends and family that offered positivity right after Charly was born...it is something I will NEVER forget.  I'm thankful for that example, because I need to follow it DAILY.  My mom always says "just when you think you have it rough...someone in the word has it much worse".  It's so true.  I have so much to be thankful for, and sitting around complaining or telling people what they should or shouldn't say...doesn't do me a bit of good.

So, I'm going to try and continue to STAY POSITIVE.
Besides, doesn't that upside down palm tree just seem so relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment