Happy Fathers Day!
Today...I'm missing my Dad. I remember sitting up late at night with my Dad before he passed away just talking. He told me that he tried very hard to be a good Dad. He was worried that his kids would think of him poorly when he was gone. Well, that is far from the case. I know my Dad wasn't perfect, but he tried to be a perfect Dad. Today I came across a card that my dad sent me while I was away in college. It was a card attached to flowers he sent me for no particular reason...until I read the card, it said: "twenty-three years ago today your Mom let me marry her, which allowed us to have a perfect daughter like you. Love, Dad". It reminded me of a framed saying we had in the kitchen growing up that said, " The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
I'm also feeling very THANKFUL today to have a wonderful husband and father to my Children.
John has been an incredible Dad to Charly and Jaxon. He has NOT missed a single Dr. Appointment even though his sleep has been sacrificed. He helps me take care of Charly and Jaxon. Not only does he wake up in the middle of the night (or day) to get Charly when he can, but he takes Jaxon swimming, and spends time with each of our kids. John has a HUGE heart.
He is so GIVING, and I couldn't ask for a better man to take care of us. This picture was taken in Oceanside in 2008..it's one of his favorite pictures with Jaxon.
Jaxon gave John a Father's Day Card that said "T.B.D.E" (The Best Dad Ever)!
See What I mean....There are so many nights and days that John is living for his kids!
Happy Father's Day Babe!



No comments:
Post a Comment