Friday, June 8, 2012

Getting out of the "Rut"

I've been re-charged and I'm getting out of that Rut.  I'm doing/feeling a little better.  Thank you for the calls, texts, emails and comments.  It's nice to know that ya'll understand that I needed a little bit of a break. 

Along with a quick trip to Yellowstone for some peace and quiet...I've had an epiphany.  I have been struggling updating the blog, sharing news about Charly, and I have felt VERY STRONGLY that I need to add more resources and information for anyone with babies - but especially for NICU babies.

I have some really cool topics that I'm working on, and I can't wait to share them with you.  Telling Charly's story is SUPER IMPORTANT, but I also am following my gut here...and am expanding to provide information as I feel inspired.  I hope that it will help someone out there somewhere.
So, going back to Yellowstone.  If you've never been, well, you're missing the trip of a lifetime.  I've been several times, and I almost forget how peaceful it is until I go back.  The weather was perfect.  I was concerned about taking Charly, but she did AMAZING!
  We didn't camp, but I did spend three days without cell phone service and it was a welcomed break (no social media, no blog, no texting...it was SO NICE).

I thought a lot about who I am, what I want with my life, and what kind of person I want to be.  I spent some much needed time with John, Jaxon, and Charly.  Grandma White organized the event, and it was so fun to spend some time with her too.
This world is a beautiful place, and for the first time in my life I appreciated the fact that our Country has protected the beautiful Yellowstone land.  We saw so many animals...
 Plenty of Buffalo
 Zoom in here...closer...closer...yep, there it is THE BEAR!  I've never seen a bear in Yellowstone, until this trip.  It was SO COOL.  You can't tell from this picture, but he was literally like 100 feet from the car!
 John loves this picture, because he says it looks like I'm BLOWING MY TOP.  LOL.

 See what I mean by BEAUTIFUL!
 Three days and 10 hours in the car each day doesn't sound like fun, but it was A BLAST. 
 We took Charly swimming for the first time (Thank you Mom for the darling swimsuit...it fit her perfectly!)
Jaxon got a pair of binoculars and had a great time with Grandma.  I'm sure it was a trip he will never forget.  We kept Grandma UP ALL NIGHT on the drive home.  We can't wait to go again sometime!  I would love to take my mom here too...I won't ever be able to have a trip to Yellowstone without thinking about Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment