My sweet friend Susie and her baby Audrey are in the hospital again. Having Charly presents a bit of a challenge for me because I can't/won't take her into the hospital for visits that are non-medical (for obvious contagion reasons) but I had such a desire to do something, so I put this little MOMMY HOSPITAL CARE PACKAGE. I threw some things in there that I wished I had when Charly was in the NICU, and other things that I thought Susie might like. Read more about Audrey HERE.
I can't stress enough how much it means to us "hospital mommies" to have a visit, a kind word, a care package, or a caring thought/prayer. I hope that some of these idea's help you if you have someone you know with a baby in the hospital. I had a feeling I needed to share what I put into Susie's care package:
*Toys for baby Audrey (one that can be sanitized, and don't forget the batteries...like I did!)
*Nuts, fruit, chicken salad with crackers (that can be kept at room temperature)
*Shampoo/Conditioner & a towel (in case there is a shower at the hospital, or they are staying at the Ronald McDonald House).

*Magazines to help take your mind off things when there's some quiet time.
*More healthy snacks, granola bars, Lipton soup, microwave dinners (ones that don't need refrigeration), chap-stick, pain reliever, small bottle of women's multivitamins, and some mint chip sugar free gum!

Here is a picture of the whole spread, including a bag. After giving this to Susie...I realized that I am going to make a HOSPITAL EMERGENCY MOMMY KIT for myself.
What else do you hospital Mommies recommend putting in the "package" or kit?
I can't stress enough how much it means to us "hospital mommies" to have a visit, a kind word, a care package, or a caring thought/prayer. I hope that some of these idea's help you if you have someone you know with a baby in the hospital. I had a feeling I needed to share what I put into Susie's care package:
*Toys for baby Audrey (one that can be sanitized, and don't forget the batteries...like I did!)
*Nuts, fruit, chicken salad with crackers (that can be kept at room temperature)
*Shampoo/Conditioner & a towel (in case there is a shower at the hospital, or they are staying at the Ronald McDonald House).
*Magazines to help take your mind off things when there's some quiet time.
*More healthy snacks, granola bars, Lipton soup, microwave dinners (ones that don't need refrigeration), chap-stick, pain reliever, small bottle of women's multivitamins, and some mint chip sugar free gum!
Here is a picture of the whole spread, including a bag. After giving this to Susie...I realized that I am going to make a HOSPITAL EMERGENCY MOMMY KIT for myself.
What else do you hospital Mommies recommend putting in the "package" or kit?
The 2 things I find myself needing are hair ties and deodorant! Also a notebook and pen to write things down such as journaling, thank you's, to do lists, and contact information.
ReplyDeleteYou're a great friend, Angie!
ReplyDelete