I started my day with the intentions of blogging all about today (which was AWESOME BTW), but as I sit here at my laptop...I only have one thing on my mind. My MOM & DAD.
4
years ago today I held my dad's hand while he passed into the next
life. That is a day that I will never forget...A very humbling, loving, peaceful day. I can still remember being a little girl...standing on his feet
dancing away to the Beatles!
Dad, I can still feel you under my feet,
carrying me, and getting us through the hard times. Jaxon and Charly
know you come to visit when they are asleep or feel sad. LOVE YOU!
I am going to update tomorrow with a BUNCH of awesome pictures from today, but tonight I'm thinking about my mom!
Mom, I know that it's not just a coincidence that Dad passed away right near Mothers Day. One of the last things that he said to me was "take care of your mother". I think about that often, and want you to know how much I love you. I know you know...but sometimes, it's easier for me to write...than it is to say. Tonight as we left you...we pulled over for one more stop before heading home (just a last minute, not planned stop). I was sitting in the car in the backseat with Charly when I heard a song that brought tears to my eyes. I felt literally like Dad was right there with us. I could feel him telling me how much he misses you and how much he loves you. Here is the song that I heard. We love you so much and are so glad that you are here. So Mom...I think Dad wanted you to hear this:
Thanks for being there for me...a shoulder to cry on, a love only a Mother could understand. Dad, we're doin' alright, and you can visit anytime...but I KNOW that YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT.
Love your little girl,
Angie

I cried at your fb post about your dad, and I just cried reading this blog post. I don't even know what to say, but that I think it's so inspirational and amazing the love your family has....and I have no doubt that your dad is with you every step of the way! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteAngie, so great to reconnect with you! I was sorry to hear about your Dad, he was a great man, always ready with a smile and a handshake. Been skimming through your blog :) Your kids sure are cuties, and your little Charly especially is a doll! Take care!
ReplyDeleteSharlyn