Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thank you SIMILAC!


A few weeks ago I posted a facebook asking for help with Similac Coupons. Charly needs the Similac Neosure formula and had issues using the powdered formula. Her G-Tube kept getting clogged, and after a consult with a Dr. and a Dietitian...we found out that Charly needed "sterile" formula. I had no idea that powdered formula is NOT sterile, but it says so right on the can. This meant that instead of buying a can that would last about 5 days (at approximately 15$/can)...we had to switch to the ready to feed formula. The cost was and is astounding to us. It's approximately 8$ a bottle...and Charly uses about one bottle a day. That equals $248 per month in just formula costs alone. Sounds reasonable enough, but when you add DME co-pays (oxygen, and feeding tube supplies), and her medication costs...it just can't be done.

After my post...I received 14 coupons that reduced our cost up to 5$ each bottle. IT'S A HUGE HELP! Thank you so much to all of you who sent coupons! I am continually amazed at how many people are watching out for us, keeping us in their prayers, and making the extra effort to help. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I also owe a HUGE, HUGE "THANK YOU" to Similac. One of the peep's on my facebook suggested that I contact the Similac formula Rep at the hospital I work at...and see if I can get any extra coupons. I did just that. In fact, I can't really be given credit for contacting him...because once the nurses on the 4th floor told him I was asking about him...he promptly took my information and called me!

Unfortunately, he did not have any coupons or vouchers for us. Instead, he listened to our story about Charly and her formula needs. He said if he found any coupons he would mail them directly to us...and he took our address. About an hour after I spoke to him on the phone I got a call from John. He said that Russ (the Similac Rep) had knocked on the door with some ready to feed formula (about 2 weeks worth). John was SUPER SURPRISED, and so was I. I know that there are a lot of companies out there competing for business, but as long as Charly tolerates it...we are a SIMILAC FAMILY! Thank you Russ, and thank you to SIMILAC.

I am still in need of coupons as Charly's formula needs are increasing each week with her weight gain (hallelujah)...so if you have any please email me and I will gladly tell you how to forward them.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,

    you can go to similac.com and join strong moms, they will send coupons to you as well. Hope this helps.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete