
When Charly was born I had already picked out her blessing dress. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I started shopping for it as soon as I found out we were having a baby girl, and I was far enough in my pregnancy to feel "safe".
I held back every desire to purchase the dress, and regrettably wound up searching several stores to find it's equal. I never did. The equal just wasn't in sight. I called my mom for help and she bought the beautiful dress for Charly.
The problem: She was only one pound. The beautiful dress was so large that the fluffy silk, lace, and pearls weighted too heavily on her tiny, broken body. I was devastated.
My mom came to the rescue the day of her blessing with an alternate...only, as beautiful as it was...this one was also too big for her tiny frame. Our miracle that day came when my brother in law Brad's mother (THANK YOU DEBBIE!) made Charly a beautiful tiny dress out of a doll pattern...it fit perfectly. It was a wonderful blessing that Charly had that day in July...and a day I will NEVER forget.
I did however forget about the other TWO dresses. Even though the "alternate" was too large...my mom didn't want to take it back to the store. I wonder if she felt or knew that one day Charly would fit in it...or if perhaps...she thought we could use it to bury her in it...or just simply that she didn't keep the receipt. Whatever the reason we have a reason to celebrate the fact that the "alternate" dress fits!
Charly was so silly that I had a hard time taking any pictures because she kept kicking her feet. I'm starting to think she might turn out to be sort of a tom-boy?

We played "dress-up" and I cried feeling that my little sweet baby finally fit in the dress.
Next week: We're trying on "THE ONE"...
So cool - Next time I'm there and all of you are there - I'd like to take a picture of all 4 of you together - hopefully I'll have my new camera by then. Love you guys
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I absolutely LOVE the last picture, she's so beautiful!
ReplyDelete