Friday, January 11, 2013

Introducing Tracy...

August 7, 2011 was a day that changed my life...literally.  After one really HORRIBLE weekend in the NICU with Charly (remember this post here), I received an email from a sweet lady named Tracy.  I didn't respond to her for a few days, but I read the email the day she sent it and I knew that I had to reply soon.

I was doing okay that weekend, but really needing a little extra "oomph" if you know what I mean.  In her email she introduced herself briefly and said (speaking from her own experiences) "know that no two experiences are the same but I do want you to know I think of you and pray for you daily.  I have been blessed with little miracle babies  and I know all the prayers people sent me helped our family so much.

I read your blog as often as I can. I smile with you and cry with you. I wish the best for you and your family.  Your are a beautiful mother doing so much for little Charly...It is a blessing to learn what miracles all little babies are."

Since that day...Tracy has become one of our BIGGEST "silent" Angels.  I say "silent" because she has been doing, helping, rooting, praying, hoping, giving, and encouraging me for the past year and a half from a distance.  Luckily, we live in the same state, but far enough away that her emails, kindness and gratitude has been felt hundreds of miles!

I have been OVERWHELMED by the love and support I have been given by so many.  I have hard time singling people out and giving them credit because I don't want "others" to feel bad.  

Tracy is LONG overdue for a HUGE "THANK YOU" and she has a story that I know will inspire you as much as it inspires me!  She has done multiple acts of kindness and compassion for my family, including but not limited to: driving 200 miles to bring items for Charly's Yard Sale donations, spending time with us in her hometown and letting us into her world (insisting on paying for our hotel and other things...which in her home town...was more than I paid to stay in New York City!)...and so many other acts of compassion.  Trust me, I could go on and on.  Really, I feel that words can't really express what is in my heart, and my heart is so full...I know this post doesn't do it justice!

But before I posted her story (which is coming tomorrow...trust me...you don't want to miss it)...I wanted to introduce Tracy and let you know how much she means to me.  Tracy is the kind of person EVERYONE needs to have in their lives!  She is so positive, hopeful, and is one of the most GIVING people I have ever met.  Her and her husband own a Cafe and work hard for what they have.  She is a dedicated mom and wife, and uses her spare time helping others, her family, and her community.  She is beautiful on the inside and out, and I feel so privileged to call her friend (and sister!).  So tomorrow...make sure you come back and read Tracy's Story.  She is one STRONG, AMAZING Woman, and wow, does she have a story that will melt your heart.  Love you Tracy!
 Pelican Lake Cafe - Tracy & Garth's AWESOME Cafe!
My sweetie Pies eating some of the BEST FOOD EVER (at Pelican Lake Cafe)!
Charly, Me & John (photo courtesy of photographer Jaxon...lol).

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom, and make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. Some people stay in our lives awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." ~Unknown.

***I also owe a HUGE "THANK YOU" to Angie S, Owner of For All Time Clocks!  Angie posted Charly's blog on her business facebook page, which is how Tracy read the blog and got in contact with me (and several others too)...for that I will be forever grateful!  

Angie...you are a guiding light! 

Hugs to Tracy and Angie S!

No comments:

Post a Comment