Saturday, July 7, 2012

10 Days to go....

As the month of July has drawn nearer and nearer...I have been doing a lot of reflecting.  I've been looking back on this past year with awe.  I feel amazed in so many ways that this year with Charly is coming to a close.  Never could my wildest imagination predicted the events and miracles that we have experienced.

As I play things out in my mind...scenes run in my mind like one of Shakespeare's Sonnets.  Our story has had tragedies, romance, histories, and comedies.  I only wish I could write this past year into iambic pentameter as Shakespeare did with Romeo and Juliet.

I knew instantly the day Charly was born that she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  She was grossly underdeveloped, and her eyes were sealed shut.  Her sweet little body wasn't ready for this world yet, but she let us know by grasping our hands...that she was here to stay.
When I start to feel down or overwhelmed on this journey...I'm constantly reminded of the good in this world.  I'm reminded of the miracles that God blesses each of us with and how so many people have been there for us...rooting us on...cheering, praying, hoping, caring, and working towards helping little Charly.  I am so thankful for the kindness that has touched my life.  I feel...well, undeserving of such a wonderful daughter, family, friends, neighbors, and others we have helped me along the way.  I know that I am a better person today because of the experiences in my life this past year.

As of today, Charly has her challenges (physical and mental).  She has medical issues that may follow her for the rest of her life.  BUT...I'm not giving up on her.  She's going slower than the average preemie, but I have faith that she will continue to progress.  She has many more miracles coming, and I can't wait to go on this journey and start another year with Charly!  I also have to say that I am blessed to have the TWO most amazing children EVER.  Jaxon has been an incredible big brother.  One of the ONLY things that Charly never fails to smile at...is when I call "Jaxon!"  She radiates love to him, and he cares for her so sweetly...It just melts my heart.
I'm so HAPPY to ANNOUNCE...CHARLY IS TURNING ONE...in...10 days!
 Can't you just feel the happiness radiating from this smile?
I can't wait to post the pictures I took for Charly's Birthday Invite...Coming Soon.

PS...A special note to all of the "hospital mommies" out there.  Keep your chin's up!  Things will work out.  I keep you in my thoughts and prayers often, and know that you have your struggles.  I'm thankful for all of you in my life!  I hope Charly's story will continue to inspire you to believe in miracles...no matter how they come.!

~Love and Hugs from Angie & Charly Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment