First, I have to say that I am so thankful that I have been inspired to share Charly's story with all of you...and more importantly for Charly. I know that some of the pictures that I have posted on the blog or on facebook have been hard to see.
Some of you may wonder why or how I could share this information or let others see something that I so personal. Well, like I have said before...from the moment Charly was born...I have felt the need...NO...NOT need...the PASSION and INSPIRATION to share her with you...to share her with the world. Because - well, this was something I had NEVER thought could ever happen to me, and I had never seen something so precious and beautiful in my life.
Secondly, I knew that this was something that would change my life forever. I could never go back to being the "woman who had multiple miscarriages"....now, I am the woman who had the "micro-preemie baby that has surprised the world!"
Lastly, I have come across so many of you with similar stories...with passions of your own. I have heard of many more miracle stories, and I have heard some sad, heartbreaking moms tell me how hard it was to loose their babies. My heart has never been so stretched and moved in so many places in such a short period of time. I long for my "friends" to have babies that simply can't get pregnant. I hope for the mommies who (for reasons known or unknown) can't carry babies into their 3rd trimester...and my heart longs for mommies who's babies come out already on their way back to heaven.
Charly has been with us for 6 months. Can you believe it...SIX MONTHS! I am so happy and each and every day my heart, my soul, my body is hoping and loving and caring for my little sweetie. I have grown more and more attached to her. I wonder, worry and think about the future and sometimes get caught up in the excitement of good news, and panic of the heartache of bad news...but the point is...she is still here and she is still mine. I am so thankful for a LOVING Heavenly Father who has blessed me beyond literal description. And, yet, I have a far distant worry that something will happen to my little Charly Bell...and that she will return to my heavenly father before I will. I of course...continue to hope for the best, but know the possibilities of the future...and just keep BELIEVING IN MIRACLES.
Where is this coming from? Well, initially I read an obituary of a sweet little superman that passed away this week.
Peyton Howell Obituary: View Peyton Howell's Obituary by Salt Lake Tribune
His obituary indicated that he was born at 24 weeks, and lived until he was 5 years old. I didn't know him or his family...but I felt an instant connection to him. Some of these kiddo's I want to affectionately refer to as "Charly's Boyfriends".
What stopped me tonight...was an article I saw on the Internet. I will post the details shortly. It is a story of another one of "Charly's Boyfriends" and a little miracle man that I have never met, and a mother of such courage that it gives me goosebumps from head to toe. I read, I'm sure as you will some of his story and felt so much love, inspiration, sadness, and hope. My heart broke as I realized that the "happily ever after" I was hoping for was not to be...and another one of "Charly's Boyfriends" had passed away. The story however, is humbling and life changing. It took my daily worries away (and trust me...I had a ton of them today), and made me realize how lucky I am to have my family...and to have another glimpse of true gratitude for life, for love, for service, for god, and for mankind. I share this story with you and hope that you will be just as changed as I have been today:
"EB"ing a Mommy: Heaven's little drummer boy.
May God continually bless all of our little Angels and bless all of you with miracles!
Love you all!
~Angie
I don't even know what to type. Still crying....makes me put everything into perspective. Everyone has their own trials to face....some are harder than others. I can't even imagine.
ReplyDelete