I have tried not to single out any "Thank you's" but I have felt strongly for a few months...that I need to thank my dear friend Jennifer. I have a feeling more personal "thank you's" are on the way. I just have SO MUCH to say...and be grateful for.
I met Jennifer right after Jaxon was born when we were living in Bountiful. We lived in a condo style apartment and each day I would walk up to our third floor apartment and wonder who lived in the unit directly across from us. Finally after a few weeks...John and I knocked on the door and met Jen. She has been a sweet friend to me ever since!
Jen has a HUGE heart, and has been a sweet little "aunt" to Jaxon for nine years. She has done some really nice, neat, and sweet things for our family. I remember specifically after I had an ectopic pregnancy loss four years ago (emergency surgery...almost lost my life...)...Jen brought me a nightgown to help me feel more comfy after my surgery. She is the kind of person who thinks about not only what she can do to help...but what is really needed.
Jen came to the NICU to see Charly as much as she could. She has a sweet little connection to Charly and it's fun to watch her hold her and "mother" her. I am so thankful for her and for all that she has done for our little family. Not having any children of her own...I am proud to have an opportunity to share my little kiddo's with Jen, and am so THANKFUL that she is willing to help (especially when I know it's not convenient for her).
This week she has taken Charly for me a few nights as I recover from my surgery, and has been willing to take the g-tube class at the hospital so that she can "babysit" Charly knowing exactly what all of her needs will be. It's been fun to watch her take care of Charly and be a super sweet "auntie jen" to Jaxon too.
Love you Jen! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Awww that's so great. May we all be willing to go the extra mile
ReplyDeleteYou're too sweet Ang. I really have enjoyed our friendship over the years and feel like an Aunt to Jaxon and Charly. They are great kids and its been really good for me to help. I enjoy my time with you and them. You, John, and Jaxon have always been real friends over the years. Like when you guys took me fishing for my birthday.
ReplyDeleteHeavenly Father wants us to learn to "Love one another." I'm glad he put you guys in my life to help me to learn. I'm receiving more than I'm giving. Thank you guys for letting me be a part of your family.
Hang in there.
I swear I can't read one of your blog posts without crying my eyes out! :-) This totally made me think of my post about God's Hands. I think He purposely puts people in our lives to help us when we need it most, and it's just like He's here himself. Jen sounds like just that, An Angel Amoung Us! So glad you found each other!
ReplyDelete