Monday, April 1, 2013

27 Weeks and Cardiology



I've made it 27 weeks! It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.  I'm having some pretty serious anxiety about the possibility of going into labor any time, any day.  So far, no contractions, and according to Dr E..my cervix "is a champ".  I'm starting to have lots of problems sleeping.  Lots of pain in my legs, and it's hard finding ways to relax since baths are not an option.  I've also been having pretty MASSIVE migraines.  I've never had them like this before.  My MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine) Dr is sending me for all sorts of tests to find out why.  This week I had to see a cardiologist for a few tests. 
 

Here I am wearing a Holster Monitor (it records heart activity).  I had to wear it for 24 hours, and by the end of the test...my skin was so irritated from the tape...I was revealed to finally have that test done.  The results came in pretty quickly...and seems like my ticker is doing fine.  So..on to more tests.  There is a small possibility that my migraines are being caused by the Progesterone Injections I've been getting on a weekly basis...so that also might be the cause.


I'm starting to get pretty huge.  I'm uncomfortable, but loving my big round belly!  This is something I missed severely after having Charly so early, so I'm trying to enjoy having a large figure.  I've gained 25lbs so far, and am feeling it.  I'm still on modified bed-rest and not allowed to exercise or stand more than 5 minutes due to my incompetent cervix/cerclage. I was really sick when this picture was taken, but I figured I would post it anyway for documentation purposes. Morning sickness...24 hour sickness is more like it.
Charly is enjoying her "feeding therapy" session today.  She is learning to lick and like CHOCOLATE!  The poor Chocolate Bunny was attacked by Charly!

No comments:

Post a Comment